“Can two walk together, except they be agreed?” – Amos 3:3
99% of your success is determined by your reference group. God once put in my heart that “open door is a human being”. So, how many open doors did you experience this year? If you did not experience any, check how you treated people this year. Sometimes, the major problem we have is in our inability to connect with other people. We all know or believe that it is God who blesses but we forget easily He uses men (destiny helpers) in our lives and around us to fulfill His promise. If you think about certain opportunities you missed this year, you would confirm that one thing has been recurrent in your
mind; “I have no man to help me”. That may not actually be you. The truth may be that you have refused to connect with like-minds.
Get around the right people. 99% of your success is going to be determined by your reference group – the people you associate with most of the time. But how can we have men in our lives when our attitudes towards others are repulsive? How can we have “destiny helpers” when we are full of ourselves and think we have answers to all our problems? No one does in this life. Every man needs a man. No one ever succeeds without the help of others. Any day you start to feel you do not need the help of men, that is the day your failure begins.
Without connection with like-minds who build and give into your life and provide support to you in certain times and areas of your life, you will continue to remain at the same level of life. So, now the year is getting to the end and one question you need to ask to discern the reason why you think the year hasn’t been fair is “who did I connect with this year and how did that influence my life?” You may be gifted but without connection, you will continue to struggle and remain in frustration (Joseph needed his connection with the chief butler to get out of the prison, irrespective of God’s gift of interpretation in his life – Genesis 41: 8-14).
Most importantly you need to discern your agent of connection so you do not treat such lightly. So as you prepare towards the coming year, here are a few things you must have in mind about connecting with the right people –
- God can send anybody your way for your blessing next year. So, expect anyone to be your connection.
- Respect your connection. Every relationship you do not respect will not pay off. You cannot tell how far that guy you think is poor and wretched will go and where he will end up tomorrow.
- Connect with as many (like-minded) persons as much as you can. Connection is what allows the flow between you and your relationships. Many of us have social media handles but unfortunately, we do not “connect”. I have several people I have benefited from in different areas of my life without meeting them in person, simply by connecting with them on my social media handles (a talk for another day).
- Celebrate every connections and relationships you have with people. Show how much they mean to you and how much you value their presence in your life (If I were you, I will start thinking of people to package a Christmas gift for).
- Focus on the strength and goodness of your connections and relationships. Do not concentrate on their mistakes but always finds ways to resolve issues that you do not find comfortable.
The other side to connecting with like minds is that, you should not forget that sometimes, when you connect with people, you will be the one who will be the blessing in the relationship. This is important to note so you do not connect with people selfishly. You must be ready to give to others first. At least, you should know that it is more blessed to give than to receive. So your mindset should be to connect to be the one to give out but if God turns it the other way round, good for you.
So, as we are counting down to next year and one of the things that should be in your plans is to connect with at least one like-minded person per month, that you will be a blessing to and see how God sends men into your life to help you have a fulfilled 2014.
Prayer: May God send you men and women who are ordained to help your destiny in 2014. As they are sent, you will not miss them. May you not encounter the wrong people in this journey in Jesus name, Amen.