“I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.” King David in Psalm 139:14
When it comes to celebrating your uniqueness, I always tell people that “if they think my head it too big, it is their problem, not mine because someone out there loves my head the way it is”. Yesterday, we discussed combating your identity crisis. Today is day 29 of #LAST70DAYSOF2013 and I want to take it further with a discussion closely related to why you should combat your identity crisis and that is your uniqueness. There is no one else like you in the whole wide world. God is extremely meticulous and in the very nature of His person had refused to create every one alike. The great hallmark of creativity is the uniqueness of the individual person. That tells us that what is in the heart of God is that we stand out and up to our individual uniqueness and be true to our unique personality. You have had severally that you are unique but you will not stand out in your uniqueness until you begin to celebrate your uniqueness.
When we say you are unique, it means you have no like or equal, it means you are in a class of your own. God took time to create you in such a way that no one is and no one will ever be like you, no matter how they look like you, they cannot be you. That is your uniqueness. This is something you should be proud of and celebrate as often as possible. Giving yourself wholly to your uniqueness is important because the world does not celebrate similarity. The world only celebrates what is unique and different. If you attempt to be like someone else, you can only be a second to that person because that person you want to be like is unique in his personality and is celebrating that uniqueness and that is why you want to be like him or her. If God’s glory in you must be seen and your profiting appear to all men, then you must give attention to being very different and unique.
The cheapest thing to do in this world is to imitate others but where real power and excellence is seen is when you attempt to stand out from the crowd. God is never happy when you try to be like others when he made you to be YOU! There is a mark of distinction on you. How can you be made in the image and likeness of God and yet, your description of yourself is so poor and negative, down trodden and dejected? Conquer every insecurity and everything that makes you think you are not good enough for anything. God’s plan is that you become a display of His creativity. This must always be at the back of your mind.
In this life, everyone is running a personal race. It is left to you to allow other people’s uniqueness to distract or to decide to remain unique. To celebrate your uniqueness, you must understand the power of difference. Knowing you are unique and celebrating that uniqueness gives you power and authority.
You should celebrate your uniqueness because –
– God is responsible for your difference. Therefore, you must resist the pressure to be like other persons
– God make you unique because of the different roles and assignment He has pre-ordained for you
– Your uniqueness or difference from others is the greatest proof that you are needed here on earth
– If someone else can be exactly you and do exactly what you can do, then either of you may not be needed. God does not make surpluses, He will rather make replacements
– It is God’s way of creating inter-dependence in the human family
To help you celebrate your uniqueness and stand out from the crowd, you must then define your difference in the following five dimensions
1. Firstly, your difference is a difference of character – Matthew 13: 34-35. It is not your complexion that is bad, it is your mindset, attitude and character that you need to change.
2. Your difference is a difference of purpose – Luke 4:42-43. You need to know that everyone’s assignment differs.
3. Your difference is also a difference of vision – John 4:35. You need to see differently from what others see.
4. It is a difference of timing – John 7:6-9. We all do not have the same timing in destiny. Remember, it is time and chance that happens to all men.
5. It is a difference of divine ownership – Galatians 6:17. You belong to God. God has the full and complete ownership over your life. It may not be the case with the person you want to be like.
Celebrate your uniqueness, define your difference and stand out from the crowd
Prayer: Father I thank you for the uniqueness of my friend and whom you have made him/her to be. I pray that through his/her uniqueness, may they be a blessing to this generation in 2014 and beyond in Jesus name, Amen.